Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cluna, Ennistymon, Ireland

This family photo was taken in Cluna, Ennistymon, County Clare, Ireland at some point during a family vacation.  The house belonged to Patrick "Pat" and Bridget "Biddy" Clune.  It has stood there for many years and it is where my maternal grandmother was born and raised.  The only reason my father, sister and myself were there in 1981 was because my grandparents had to cancel their trip due to my grandfather's cancer.  My mother had a huge fear of planes so she stayed home with my youngest sister who had just turned 2.  Pat was my mom's uncle and my grandmother's younger brother.  He was the only boy in the family and so inherited the house and farmland.  It has since passed to his son in the great Irish tradition. 

Pictured left to right back row:  Pat Clune, Biddy Clune, Richard Degnan, (me, Colleen Degnan, age 10.5), and Mary Reagan Clune.  The three younger girls in the front are:  Catherine Clune-Mulvaney, Martina Clune, and my younger sister Sharon Degnan.



No comments:

Post a Comment