1. What day of the week were you born? Sunday, October 12, 1969
2. What has happened in recorded history on your birthdate (month and day)? List 5 events.
- 1492 - Christopher Columbus's expedition makes landfall in the Caribbean, specifically in The Bahamas. The explorer believes he has reached South Asia
- 1692 - The Salem Witch Trials were ended by a letter from Massachusetts Governor William Phips.
- 1792 - First celebration of Columbus Day in the USA held in New York
- 1892 - The Pledge of Allegiance is first recited in unison by students in US public schools.
- 1901 - President Theodore Roosevelt officially renames the "Executive Mansion" to the White House.
3. Name 5 famous people that share your birthday.
1537 - King Edward VI of England (d. 1553)
1866 - Ramsay MacDonald, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1937)
1894 - Elisabeth of Romania, queen of Greece (d. 1956)
1920 - Christy Ring, Irish hurler (d. 1979)
1935 - Luciano Pavarotti, Italian tenor (d. 2007)
I'm a figure skater and have always been sad that my favorite skater died on my exact birthday.
1969 - Sonja Henie, Norwegian figure skater (b. 1912)
Once again Randy, this has been a great game. I did learn some interesting facts that were unknown to me.
Colleen at CMJ Office
CMJ Office is a certified and licensed virtual administrative business supporting business owners, bloggers, genealogy and history authors, speakers and researchers.